Sunday, May 30, 2010

School = (Not) Cool

I am tired of school.
In 1990, I started Kindergarten.
Now, twenty years later, I am STILL in school.
By my own choosing? Yes. However, I am getting verrrrry weary and often cannot focus on typing on my thesis for thinking about things I'd like to do once I'm not in school. I get tired of talking about school. I'm sure those around me get tired of me talking about school.  It exhausts me to talk and think about it, let alone actually do my work.
I am getting close though... December is a very small light at the end of a 20-year tunnel.
Here are some things I want to do when I'm finally a "Master"...
1. Never ever again use the excuse "I've gotta work on a paper."
2. Teach myself to play the guitar.
3. Start making a quilt.
4. Read books because I want to, and not because I have to write a 15-page review on it.
5. Actually use my degree.
6.... Suggestions?

Okay, I've now diverted from doing homework almost 10 minutes while typing this... yes, I am thankful for education, but today, my friends, school is not cool.